mandag den 2. december 2013

Mon 2 Dec 2013

1st day on my new strength program
Program is for the following lifts: back squat, front squat, overhead squat, deadlift, bench press, military press, barbell rows.

A cycle has 5 waves (1 wave = 1 week) including one deload wave. For each cycle I will add 5 kg to each lift.

- Wave 1 is 3 x 8 @ 60% of 1RM for each lift
- Wave 2 is 3 x 5 @ 80%
- Wave 3 is 5 x 3 @ 85%
- Wave 4 is 5 x 1 @ 90%
- Wave 5 is 3 x 5 @ 60% (deload)

The last set of each exercise is a max effort set.

Still feeling sore from Saturday I went with only doing the strength work and no gymnastics or WL.

Military press
Warm up: 8 x 20 - 30 - 40 kg.
Work sets: 2s x 8r x 50 kg.

Experimenting with a wider grip that is closer to my jerk grip width, to accommodate strength in this position.

Back squat
Warm up: 8 x 50 - 70 - 90 kg.
Work sets: 2s x 8r x 105 kg.

Finished off doing some shoulder stability work such as Bradford Press and a very excellent exercise that I invented myself. Basically it is sitting on an AirDyne, pedalling, while doing overhead presses with two 5 kg plates.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar