søndag den 1. december 2013

Sat 30 Nov 2013 - Køge Christmas Challenge

Køge Christmas Challenge at LIFTRS GYM


A whole bunch of team mates from Butchers hanging out and having fun.

Teamed up with Dalya darwish for what must have been the best looking team at the competition.

WOD 1
12 minute AMRAP of:
20 air squat
10 clean anyhow (HPC) 60/40 kg
20 HR push up
10 clean
30 DU
10 clean

Athletes may divide reps as they want.

Score: 557 reps (8th place).


WOD 2
9 minutes to complete 4 rounds of:
15 pull ups
15 down ups
15 KB swings 32/24 kg

Score: 5:52 (8th place).

- then -

WOD 3
3 minutes to accumulate max kg of thrusters at a weight chosen by the athletes themselves. One athlete working at a time.

I went with 40 kg and did 45 reps for a total of 1800 kg. Dalya went with 30 kg and did 23 reps for a total of 690 kg.

Score: 2490 kg (10th place).


WOD 4
4 min AMRAP of:

Buy in: 2 x 20m prowler push (loaded with 110 kg + partner)

STOH @ 80/50 kg

Score: 19 reps (14th place).


WOD 5: Final
For time:
3 rope climbs
30 front squats 60/40 kg
3 rope climbs
40 KB clean and jerk 32/24 kg
3 rope climbs
50 TTB
3 rope climbs
40 KB snatch 32/24 kg
3 rope climbs
30 front rack BB lunges 60/40 kg
3 rope climbs

Score: 35 KB snatch (8th place).

Final placement: 8th place out of 33 teams.

Conclusions
All in all a great day. Good to be back in competition and feeling where I am at concerning the different aspects of CF. I have another competition at January 11 in which I plan on going for a spot on the podium. So, before then there are a couple of things I need to focus on. Below I have listed my conclusions from Xmas Challenge.

1) My legs are strong enough now. My legs and lower back are where they need to be and I will shift focus from strength to WL and gymnastics.

2) My shoulders are OK but not entirely good yet. More stability work and strength work needs to be done, and I expect that to work well with the gymnastics focus.

3) Front squat position and thruster position still needs work.

4) I can drop some fat to get a bit lighter but my cardio is still good and there is no critical need for this.

All in all, as I said, a GREAT day. And thanks to Dalya for being a great team mate, and to the rest of the Butchers crew for being good people who just like to have fun.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar