mandag den 22. juli 2013

Mon 22 July 2013

Starting my 5th Wendler cycle

I have decided to try the 'Boring But Big' format for this cycle, just to see if it makes sense to spread the volume wave over the A, B and C waves. So instead of doing just the work sets in a given exercise I now do the work sets and 5 sets of 10 reps at 50% of my max for that lift.

Military press
Warm up: 10 x 20, 5 x 40 - 50 kg.
Work sets: 5 x 62 - 66, 3 x 70 kg.
Volume sets: 5s x10r x 42.5 kg.

Missed the fourth rep on the last work set. Disappointing, but I guess having had 4 months without resetting is pretty good considering how weak my shoulders have been after the dislocation. I will probably go through the rest of the cycle like this and reset for the next cycle.

Back squat
Warm up: 10 x 40, 5 x 60 - 80 - 100 kg.
Work sets: 5 x 126 - 132, 6 x 140 kg.
Volume sets: 10 x 90, 4s x 10r x 82.5 kg.

Did 6 reps with 140 which is definitely a rep record. It didn't look perfect. I felt like I could do 1-2 more which would look equally bad, so I decided to just stick to the 6 reps. Volume sets were ok, it is actually quite nice to get to focus on the form, but 90 was too heavy for this, so I went down to something that is more like 50% of my 1RM.

Conclusion on the Wendler BBB program. It takes a LONG time. And I feel quite exhausted afterwards. Gonna be interesting to see what happens going forward. I am a bit concerned about overtraining on this regimen. Time will tell.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar