tirsdag den 31. juli 2012

31 July 2012

Push press + team training.

PR-day4real!

Push press max attempts.
One of my strength goals for this fall is push press and I have not tested it since I set the goal in June, so I decided to do a 3RM and 1RM test before team training today. Previous 3RM was 85 kg and 1RM was 90. My 1RM goal is 100.

Sets of 3: 20, 40, 60, 80, 90 (PR by 5 kg). Stopped and went for 1x95 and got it (PR by 5 kg).

Got a much better sense of my dip and drive than I have ever had. It felt really strong. Could probably have done more, but stopped here because the rest of the day was full of overhead work.

Hand stand walk practice.
My best result was 4-5 steps. Not very impressive, but when I started focusingon keeping my feet together it felt more controlled. Still a lot of work to do in this skill.

1RM jerk from behind the neck.
20, 60, 100, 110, 115, 120, 125(!).
Split jerked all the way and nailed them all. I have never tried jerking behind the neck before but my best jerk (and the most weight I have ever had over my head before) was 107,5 kg so I guess this can also be considered a PR :)

WOD - open wod 12.5.
7 min AMRAP, 3-6-9-12-15... of:
Thruster 42,5 kg
C2B pull up.
Result: 101 reps (improved my open score by 3 and got the best score of the day).

I was COMPLETELY wasted after this WOD. Took me 5 minutes just to be able to talk to anybody. It felt horrible, but I was happy about the result. No doubt about my ability to push myself to the limit!

All in all this was a surprisingly good day. I still have a bit of a bad stomach and have generally felt drained all day, so I definitely was not expecting to put up such good numbers.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar